FLASH FLOOD WATCH
Warning Issue Date: 148 PM CDT MON MAY 25 2015
Warning Expiration: 400 PM CDT MON MAY 25 2015
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH THROUGH 7 AM TUESDAY MORNING...
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP AND
MOVE ACROSS PARTS OF THE REGION OVER THE NEXT FEW HOURS. EXPECT
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS TO DEVELOP BY MID TO LATE
AFTERNOON AND SPREAD FROM WEST TO EAST ACROSS THE ARKLATEX REGION.
SOME STORMS WILL BECOME SEVERE AND PRODUCE DAMAGING
WINDS...HAIL...AND EVEN A COUPLE OF POSSIBLE TORNADOES. ALSO VERY
HEAVY RAINFALL IS LIKELY AS WELL. AREA RESIDENTS SHOULD KEEP AN
EYE TO THE SKY AND LISTEN FOR WATCHES AND WARNINGS.
Warning Issue Date: 957 AM CDT MON MAY 25 2015
Warning Expiration: 956 AM CDT TUE MAY 26 2015
The flood warning continues for
the Red River At Coushatta, Louisiana.
* until further notice...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 900 AM Monday the stage was 31.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 31 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 33.0 feet by
June 2. Additional rises remain possible thereafter.
* Impact...at 34.0 feet...Major flooding occurs. Severe backwater
flooding occurs from the confluence of the Red River with Loggy
Bayou, from upstream to below Lake Bistineau. Cattle and equipment
should be moved to higher ground, and preparations made for major
LAT...LON 3220 9342 3192 9321 3192 9330 3204 9342 3220 9350