Warning Issue Date: 452 AM EDT MON OCT 23 2017
Warning Expiration: 1000 PM CDT MON OCT 23 2017
...LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM EDT /5 AM CDT/ TO
11 PM EDT /10 PM CDT/ TUESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MARQUETTE HAS ISSUED A LAKESHORE
FLOOD ADVISORY, WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 AM EDT /5 AM CDT/ TO
11 PM EDT /10 PM CDT/ TUESDAY.
* WINDS...NORTH WINDS OVER WESTERN LAKE SUPERIOR WILL INCREASE TO
40 TO 50 MPH TUESDAY MORNING. WIND GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH ARE
POSSIBLE. WINDS WILL GRADUALLY DIMINISH TUESDAY AFTERNOON AND
* WAVES...WAVES WILL BUILD TO AS HIGH AS 13 TO 18 FEET BY LATE
TUESDAY MORNING, THEN GRADUALLY SUBSIDE LATER TUESDAY AFTERNOON
* IMPACTS...THE LARGE, POUNDING WAVES WILL COMBINE WITH ABOVE
AVERAGE LAKE SUPERIOR WATER LEVELS FOR OCTOBER TO PRODUCE AREAS
OF BEACH FLOODING AND BEACH EROSION ON TUESDAY.
A LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY INDICATES THAT ONSHORE WINDS AND WAVES
WILL GENERATE FLOODING OF LOW AREAS ALONG THE LAKESHORE.
Warning Issue Date: 430 AM EDT Mon Oct 23 2017
Warning Expiration: 2000 GMT 23 2017
...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EDT /6 AM CDT/ TO 11 PM EDT
/10 PM CDT/ TUESDAY...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Wind
Advisory, which is in effect from 7 AM EDT /6 AM CDT/ to 11 PM
EDT /10 PM CDT/ Tuesday.
* North winds will increase early Tuesday morning, with the
strongest gusts to 45 to 55 mph along Lake Superior Tuesday
morning and early afternoon. Farther inland, the strongest
winds will be 35 to 45 mph. Winds will gradually diminish
Tuesday afternoon and evening.
* Downed tree branches and some uprooted trees are expected,
likely resulting in sporadic power outages.
* High profile vehicles will be difficult to drive.
* A Wind Advisory means that frequent wind gusts of 45 to
57 mph are expected or occuring.
* Prepare, plan, and stay informed. Visit www.weather.gov/mqt