Warning Issue Date: 931 PM EST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 0430 GMT 23 2018
The Flood Warning continues for
the White River Above Whitehall.
* until late Friday night.
* at 8:15 PM Wednesday the stage was 6.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 6.0 feet.
* Minor Flooding is occurring and Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Forecast, the river will continue rising to near 6.8 feet by
tomorrow morning. The river will fall below flood stage Friday
* Forecast, the river will continue to fall below flood stage by
Friday early afternoon.
* Impact, at 6.0 feet...Expect minor flooding of several cottages,
canoe liveries, and farmland along the river.
* Flood history, this crest compares to a previous crest of 6.6 feet
on Apr 10 2015.
LAT...LON 4344 8638 4352 8618 4360 8607 4354 8601
4346 8613 4338 8633
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
Warning Issue Date: 1156 AM EST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 0830 GMT 22 2018
This hazardous weather outlook is for portions of southwest Lower
.DAY ONE...This afternoon and Tonight
Flooding will continue in low lying areas and near creeks, streams
and rivers. Some roadways have been closed. River ice jams could
add to the flooding issues.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday
River levels are expected to remain high into the weekend as the
precipitation routes it way down area rivers.
A mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain may occur late Thursday night
into Friday. This may impact the Friday morning commute before it
changes to all rain by noon. Precipitation amount from this system
are expected to be light.
Another system will move through the area Sunday and that will
bring mostly rain but we could see some snow showers behind the
system Sunday night. This may extend flooding issues.
.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...
Spotter activation will not be needed.