Warning Issue Date: 958 AM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 1115 GMT 22 2018
...ADDITIONAL ICING EXPECTED TODAY AND TONIGHT...
This Outlook is for Northwest and West Central Arkansas as well as
much of Eastern Oklahoma.
.DAY ONE...Today and Tonight.
AREA...Eastern Oklahoma and far northwest Arkansas.
Precipitation will expand back northward across the area today and
continue across parts of northeast Oklahoma and northwest Arkansas
into the evening. Temperatures to the northwest of a line from near
Eureka Springs to Jay to McAlester will remain near or below
freezing throughout the day, thus any precipitation that falls
northwest of that line will be in the form of freezing rain and
sleet. Freezing rain and sleet will become more focused across
northeast Oklahoma and far northwest Arkansas this evening with the
heaviest icing generally along and west of U.S. Highway 75, where
between a tenth to two tenths of additional icing is possible by
tonight. Precipitation should begin to taper off after midnight,
with some freezing drizzle likely lingering after the main precip
event is over.
SPOTTER AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT ACTION STATEMENT...
Spotter Activation Not Expected.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Thursday through Tuesday.
THURSDAY through FRIDAY...Thunderstorm Potential...Heavy Rain Potential.
SUNDAY through TUESDAY...No Hazards.
Additional rounds of widespread shower and thunderstorm activity
are expected throughout the week. This will result in more
potential flooding and flash flooding through the end of the week,
with highest amounts expected across southeast Oklahoma into
weather.gov/tulsa contains additional information.
Warning Issue Date: 649 AM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 2049 GMT 21 2018
The Flood Advisory continues for
The Illinois River at Chewey
* until Thursday afternoon, or until the advisory is cancelled.
* At 6:15 AM Wednesday, the stage was 7.4 feet.
* Action stage is 9.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will rise to near 11.8 feet by Thursday
morning, which is below flood stage.
* Impact...At 12.0 feet, minor flooding occurs from near Fidler`s Bend
to near Hanging Rock. Road access near the river to residential
homes southeast of Chewey Bridge may be compromised. Water begins
to impact 630 Road east of the Cherokee/Adair County line. Floating
the river is too hazardous due to strong turbulence.
LAT...LON 3619 9472 3611 9471 3606 9481 3612 9487
Warning Issue Date: 648 AM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 2048 GMT 21 2018
...Flood Warning extended until Thursday morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
The Illinois River near Watts.
* from this morning to Thursday morning, or until the warning is
* At 6:00 AM Wednesday, the stage was 8.69 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The Illinois River near Watts is expected to rise above
flood stage late this morning and continue to rise to near 14.5
feet by this evening. The river is expected to fall below flood
stage early Thursday morning.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet, minor flooding occurs from the Arkansas
border to near Fidler`s Bend. Extreme turbulence makes the river
unsafe for floating.
LAT...LON 3619 9474 3615 9453 3607 9453 3611 9472
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
Warning Issue Date: 406 AM CST Wed Feb 21 2018
Warning Expiration: 2200 GMT 21 2018
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 9 AM THIS MORNING TO
6 AM CST THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total sleet accumulations
of up to one half inch and ice accumulations around one to two
tenths of an inch are expected.
* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Oklahoma.
* WHEN...From 9 AM this morning to 6 AM CST Thursday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. For the latest road conditions call 1-844-465-4997 or go